Before you leave
- Organize airline tickets to Padang
- Organize travel insurance – travel insurance is mandatory on all trips for your safety.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months prior to departure and organize a visa (if necessary).
- Pay your deposit to secure your dates
- Pay your final payment 60 days prior to departure
- Fill out the Information Pack (emailed once booking has been made) and email back for Surging Waters to organize your Mentawai Island permits
- Read the Terms and Conditions. You will be asked to sign this upon arrival in Padang.
- Confirm all of your travel arrangements.
Checklist of things to bring
Remember, its always best to travel light!
In the water
- 2 to 4 surf boards
- Extra leashes
- Reef booties
- Board shorts
- Tropical/warm water wax
- Fin sets and fin keys
- Spring suit
- Surf hat
- Sun block
- Ding repair kit
- Airlines tickets (& visa if app)
- Copy of passport
- Beach towel
- Seasick pills
- Shoes and sandals
- Light weight clothing
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Prescription medicine
- Basic medical kit *
- Health check up **
- Anti malaria medication **
- Insect repellent
* The boat is equipped to look after emergencies but it’s a good idea to bring your own medical kit.
** see your doctor before leaving